Our sweet baby boy turns 2 today! I guess we can't really call him our "baby" anymore, but he'll always be my baby boy! As I was sitting making his birthday poster last night, I was reflecting on the past year and I couldn't help but smile. He has changed so much. Here is just a snippet of that....
- He no longer looks like a baby, he is definitely a big boy now!
- He loves balls....footballs, baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls....it doesn't matter what kind. As long as he has something to throw or kick he is happy!
- He loves shoes! He loves to try on any pair he sees lying around and it is pretty cute to watch him toddle around in shoes WAY too big for him!
- He is the strong and silent type. He had tubes put in his ears in January and his hearing has definitely improved, along with his talking. He still doesn't say much, but he knows how to express what he wants and he is really coming along!
- He LOVES music! Even though he may not sing the all of the actual words, he knows the tunes and sings them perfectly! I love to watch him dance (he still has his happy feet!).
- He is an excellent brother, both big and little. His sisters love to play and tease with him and he loves the attention that they give him, and he is so tender and gentle with Harrison. I love to watch them interact.
- He loves all things electronic. Remotes, cell phones, computers, etc, etc. And surprisingly he can get most of them to work already! He loves buttons and it so funny to see how drawn to these things he is! If you leave something lying around he gravitates to it instantly!
- His nickname is Houdini. He is so sneaky and quiet that sometimes he manages to escape without being noticed! He snuck out of nursery 2 Sundays in a row. He was so mellow and mild until he hit about 18 months and since then he has been going, going, going all the time! He definitely keeps us on our toes!
- We can't resist his sweet smile! He is such a sweet boy and I love that amidst how busy he is, that he will take the time to cuddle with me!
- He gives some of the very best hugs!
- He still loves his soft blankets, and we sometimes tease and call him Linus, from Charlie Brown. They are security blankets for sure and we are working on taking it less places, but it is a miracle worker once it is time for a nap or bedtime! So, Mom and Dad are clinging to it a little as well still! ;)
- He is a climber. He loves to climb on anything and everything. And he doesn't have much fear.
- He love bath time. He has always loved water and bath was one of his first words! The moment he hears the bath water he comes running!
Our sweet Mr. Lennon is such a good boy. We love him so much and are grateful every day that he is part of our family. We don't know what we would do without all of his busyness! I love watching him grow into such a fun little boy and I can't wait to see how he continues to blossom this year! We love you Mr. Lennon! Happy 2nd birthday baby boy!