Monday, July 13, 2009

Leecy turned 5!!!

Our sweet Leecy T turned 5 on June 26th and was a real trooper being willing to travel home on her birthday. We had anticipated being home to celebrate her birthday, but due to having to get the oil pan in our car replaced, we were on vacation a little longer and ended up traveling. She woke up at the hotel to our lovely singing voices :) and cupcakes and a few little gifts. We went to see the Oklahoma City Monument Memorial and though it was scorching outside, we still enjoyed the beauty of it. She was in charge of picking meals for her birthday traveling and luckily we made it home to Memphis in time to open the packages that were waiting for her! She got some really fun gifts from everyone and was definitely spoiled! I was really excited to give her her big present from us, and it did not disappoint! She gave the perfect reaction to her new, incredibly lifelike pony, and it has been loved every second since! Because of the traveling, Aleece got to celebrate her birthday multiple times! The next day we made her a cake and she got to have her special birthday meal (roasted chicken, corn, and potatoes and gravy). She had her birthday party the next week, which I will be blogging about later! We are grateful to all of the family members who called and sang to her and sent her such nice things!
Aleece is such a sweetheart and it's hard to believe my firstborn is 5 now! Some days it seems like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. She is so smart, compassionate, funny and beautiful! She is such a good big sister and helper to me! I love to have conversations with her, and she continually amazes me at all that she knows. She isn't afraid to ask questions and she catches on very quickly! She has an incredible memory and I love to hear her recall some of the events from her past! She has such an amazing compassion for all living things and I don't doubt that someday she will be a vet, just likes she wants to be! I know that she will succeed in all that she does! We love her so very much and can't wait to see where she goes in life!
a traveling birthday! :)
home at last! Presents!
Aleece's new pony!
Blowing out the birthday candles!
We love you Leecy T!

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

It looks like she loved the pony! How much fun! I can't believe she is five!!Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl!!

Biggie T said...

Wow it doesn't seem that long ago that we were clebrating your 5th birthday Stephi!. I'm glad mom and I got to come down and bring our gifts and continue to drag out Leecy T's 5th birthday. I can't beleive howgrown up she is. I will also confirm that the horse is very realistic.

Trey said...

aw so cute!