Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Program

Today was the primary program in our ward. We weren't sure if Aleece would actually stand up in front of everyone and say her part. Last Sunday they practiced in the chapel, and she didn't even want to go up there, she was so scared! But we are proud to say that Aleece did a phenomenal job today! She said her line (albeit very quietly!) and was reverent the whole time! We are very proud of her! She even had her line memorized. She said, "I can pray to Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere. I can and so can you." I will try to post a video of her saying it later! The first song the primary children sang was "I am a Child of God" and I couldn't help but smile when Lainey chimed in and sang along with them! After that about every two to three minutes, Lainey would say "I wanna sit by Leecy T!" What would I do without my sweet kids? They bring such joy to my life!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

that's cute. primary programs are always so funny to watch, eh? it's makes it great when your kids are actually in them. :)

Brent and Mary Rose said...

OH! Maybe we were singing "I am a child of God" at the same time! We had our primary program yesterday too! I am proud of Leecy T! I am supposed to be a grown up and I was terrified when I had to stand up and sing with the teachers lol! Wish we coulda been in the same primary ;) And don't even get me started on Lainey Bug... that is the sweetest thing! There is nothing better than sisterly love! Love you sister!

mamasteph said...

One of the best things is that it wasn't my child up there making faces at the congregation! The little girl next to Aleece did that pretty much through the whole program! I guess it was easy to laugh at because it wasn't my child! :)

Syphus Family said...

Gotta love the annual primary program! Ours was yesterday as well, sounds like Aleece did great!

M {3 said...

Grannies should be there for those moments. Thankfully I got the telephone version:) XOXOXO

Trey said...

You're girls are such cuties and I miss you and them.

Biggie T said...

I'm glad she actually did it. She will get better over the years. I did hear her say it on the phone before the program and I was impressed that she had it memorized.