Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Writing

We took Aleece to the doctor's last week because she had had a cough for almost a month. Turns out besides the cough, she had two major ear infections also! They put her on antibiotics and we go in tomorrow for her to be rechecked. Anyways.....at our doctor's office they have multiple chalkboards for the kids to draw on out in the waiting rooms. Val was fortunately able to be there with me---sometimes taking three kids there on my own can be a little crazy! So he sat with them while I was at the main desk paying our co-pay. I started walking back to where the fam was seated and noticed that Aleece's name was written on the chalkboard, so I asked Val if he wrote her name for her. He replied that he had not and that she had done it herself. I know you are thinking Val must have pretty bad handwriting to be compared to a 4 year old's but in fact, it is just the opposite! I was astonished at how well she had written her name all by herself! I honestly didn't know she could do it completely on her own yet! I was beaming with pride and was so excited to know that she is learning so much at home and in preschool! It's always nice to know that something sticks when you teach your kids!!!

4 comments:

Brent and Mary Rose said...

I can't believe she is so grown up! She is so smart! I am glad she is feeling better, Love you steph!

M {3 said...

She is such a computer whiz that nothing from her would surprise me:) Of course we only produce genius' in our clan!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Way to go Aleece! How cool to be able to see that. Too bad you didn't have a camera to take a picture of it. I hope she starts to feel better soon!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I tagged you on my blog.