Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

What a great week. I love the holidays! This year was the first time we have had Thanksgiving in our own home and we were fortunate enough to have Granny, Grampy and Trey come and celebrate with us. We had so much yummy food, wonderful company and we were able to create some awesome memories. We have so much to be thankful for......our families, our sweet children, our home, the gospel, friendship, love, good health, safety, missionaries (especially Bubba!), and so much more!!! I am so thankful for my amazing husband and for his strength and love. He is my rock! I am so thankful for Aleece--she is so bright and intelligent and she has such a good heart! I am so thankful for Madelaine---she is so sweet and funny and she can always make me laugh. I am so thankful for Lennon--he is such a good natured boy and his smile melts my heart! I have been so blessed in my life and am so grateful I was born into the family I was. My parents are such a great example to me and I am so thankful for their guidance throughout the years. I am so grateful for my awesome sisters and brothers (and in laws)---they continue to amaze me every day.
Our Thanksgiving meal was delicious! The turkey was perfect, the stuffing heavenly, the mashed and sweet potatoes were amazing and the rolls just melted in your mouth. Our bellies were full as well as our hearts!
By the way, there were no surprises this year! ;)
I didn't get up early and do the Black Friday thing. I never have and don't think I ever will. There is just too much craziness involved for me. You all know I love a good deal more than anyone, but that is why most of my Christmas shopping is done already! We did go out later in the morning and thankfully didn't have to fight off as many people, but it was still a madhouse everywhere we went!!!
Unfortunately Granny and Grampy had to go home today, but we have Trey till Monday morning! We miss them so much already and wish we were together all of the time. But we get to see them in 21 days (yes, we are counting!) and we can't wait! Thank you for making our holiday so wonderful!
We hope all of your Thanksgiving celebrations were as wonderful as ours, and that you had time to reflect on all of your many blessings! We sure are thankful for all of you!


our fun turkey creations

our sweet Leecy T

my cute mom and her delicious rolls!

my cute dad carving the turkey

baby brother Trey and our sweet boy Lennon

my amazing hubby, in front of part of our list of things we are thankful for!
beautiful boy Lennon
cute little Lainey bug
Granny, Grampy and Trey
the Moore the merrier!
family pictures thanks to my parents!
it was a feat to get everyone smiling at the same time!
but it worked!

8 comments:

Nina said...

Cute family photos!! What a great bleesing to have your family come out there to be with you all. I miss you all...hope that 21 days goes fast for you guys!!

Hair Goddess said...

Such cute pictures!! We can't wait until Christmas! Seriously those little brats are so freaking cute!!! Wish we were there! Love you!

Syphus Family said...

What a cute family picture! You guys look great!

Unknown said...

It sounded like you guys had a great time with your family. Fun pictures!

goldmania said...

Cute pics. I'm so glad your family was able to visit. That always makes it more fun. Love the turkeys ya made. Can't believe how big your bro is. I'm so old!

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! With we coulda been there too! Can't wait for Christmas!! Love you!

Kathy said...

what cute pictures! looks like you had a great thanksgiving.

hey - i need your mailing address - can you email it to me? :)

M {3 said...

Thanksgiving week was so awesome! Thanks for being you and making it wonderful:) love ya<3