Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My thoughts...

As Valentines Day is approaching this weekend, I have been thinking about the loves of my life and so I thought I would jot down some of my thoughts about them....

Aleece---Sometimes I just watch her as she walks through a room, and I am amazed at how quickly she has grown. She is no longer my "baby" (though she always will be!), or my toddler, and she is quickly outgrowing her preschooler phase. She is so smart and I love to see how her brain works! She picks up on everything and she has a great imagination. She loves to make up words--it's like her own language--and that constantly provides me with an opportunity to smile! She is always telling those around her that she loves them and I love when she gives me the "I love you" sign. She is such a good big sister!

Madelaine---She has her MP3 player with her 90% of the time and is constantly singing (whether she has her MP3 player with her or not!). I love that she loves a huge variety of music from rock to hyms and everything in between! This definitely sets her apart from others her age, but we have always encouraged our children to be themselves! And how could you not smile at her when she is singing "get on your boots!" I love her smile and her infectious laugh! She can make anything seem funny! She is an amazing mimic and she is talking more and more every day! Just the other day I got to sneak in a nap and when I woke up, she was sitting there, looking me right in the eye, and she said "Did you have a good nap?" in this sweet little singsong voice--I'm sure it sounded just like I sound to her! Both she and Aleece love to have their baby dolls with them and to help take care of their baby brother and they are already such good little mommies. It's amazing to watch them and know that this "knowledge" of compassion, love, tenderness, etc. seems to have been instilled in them from the very beginning!

Lennon---He is so sweet and mellow. I love that he enjoys being cuddled. I absolutely adore his little laugh. He is in the stage right now where all you have to do is look at him the right way and he bursts out giggling! He still loves his toes, as do I, and is a master at getting his socks and shoes off in no time flat! He almost always has a smile on his sweet face and I love to watch him take in his surroundings. He always seems to have a look of joy! He continues to love every food he tries (much like his mommy!) and is really starting to get around when you put him down on the ground. He is never where I put him originally when I lay him down for his nap! Having a little boy has been so different, and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to have both boys and girls! I am so lucky to be able to experience a little bit of everything!

Val---He continues to be my rock in life! He works so hard to support us, and we are so grateful, especially in the current state of the economy, to have work. Despite the fact that teachers are significantly underpaid for what they do, we love his schedule and the fact that we get to have him around most of the time! We also love that he loves what he is doing, and we know he is having a huge impact on all of those children, who might not get any other positive attention in their lives, even in their own home. I am so grateful for his passion and yet at the same time, how humble he is. He is such an amazing father and husband.

As we often do in our home, I'll leave you with a quote from the Beatles, which pretty much sums up how I feel.... "All you need is love!!!"

8 comments:

M {3 said...

"...Love is all you need" and you provide tons of that. You have a great talent for unconditional love. I agree with all you said about your cute little family with the addition of you which makes your family so much of what it is.
I <3 U.

Biggie T said...

I love all of you Moore's and wish we we closer to tell you in person and give some hugs and kisses.

Trey said...

You are so lucky. You really do have heaven on earth. I wish my life could be as fruitful as yours has been with your kids, and your husband. I love you sis, your kids, and your adorable husband! ;)

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Seriously, you are so blessed to have such sweethearts in your life! I miss being there for all those memories! Love you to death!

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a great post! You do have amazing people in your family that love you.

goldmania said...

You are such a great family. You're all wonderful examples of how to be. So nice to talk to ya today. :)

The Tennessee Nobles said...

And I just want to add at how amazing you are to Steph. You always are thinking of others. They are lucky to have you in there lives also!!

Jenn said...

so, I just thought since blog stocking seems to be okay...I'd give ya'll a check out! You guys are great! Don't worry, I won't stock you anymore, I'll just add you to my list of peeps and then it won't be stocking right?