Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day Recap

We had a wonderful Valentines Day this year, as always! It's always nice to spend it as a family and to enjoy one another's company. I love to be able to carry out traditions and pass them along to my sweet children. We started the Valentines weekend off with a fun ward dance at our church. I will say that it was very reminiscent of high school church dances, but seriously how could you not have fun at one?! The gym was decorated so festively, there was a DJ and lots of yummy treats. The girls had a blast dancing to the music and Val and I even got to sneak in a slow dance (with two kids tucked in between us!)! Valentines morning we had delicious heart shaped pancakes and strawberries
and ABC Find Out Me stopped by for a visit. This year Leecy T got a big girl Barbie bike, which she was thrilled with! She tested it out immediately! Lainey bug and Mr. Lennon got a new wagon and Madagascar 2! (We like to move it, move it in our house!) The kids also got new Valentines day outfits from Granny and Grampy--which they looked adorable in of course! And they got lots of compliments!
ABC Find Out Me brought me some pretty pink roses and Val got some goodies to snack on! Val also got me a beautiful pair of pearl earrings. So I guess you could say we were all spoiled rotten!






It's nice to be able to celebrate the ones you love and to share with them all that is important to you. I thought it was very fitting that I got to teach in Relief Society this week about Elijah restoring the sealing power here on earth. I am grateful every single day for my amazing family and thank my Father in Heaven multiple times a day for the opportunity I have to be with my family FOREVER!

8 comments:

Trey said...

makes me want some kiddies sis!

Hair Goddess said...

Sounds like you had a fun day ! The pancakes look yummy and the kids look freaking adorable!! Love and miss you guys !

Wonder Woman said...

What is ABC find out me? And ya'll go big for Valentine's Day!!!

mamasteph said...

ABC Find out me is a tradition my parents passed along to us. They were always anonymous and they always left Valentines gifts for us on the front porch, rang the bell and by the time we got there, were gone! It was something that I loved as a kid, and so I wanted to pass it on to my own! The only reason we "went big" :) is I am the queen of cheap and we didn't spend nearly what these items are worth! :) Did I just reveal too much?!

Biggie T said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. The kids look so cute and wish we were there to see them in person. I'm glad you have chosen to carry on the "ABC Find Out Me" tradition.

M {3 said...

What?! Reveal what? haha I can't wait to go on our walks with those fun toys, plus see some warm weather. They look so cute in their outfits.<3

goldmania said...

Sounds like so much fun. Your kids really are SO cute. What a fun weekend. :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

I bet you guys are loving the wagon and the bike in this warm weather. Aleece looks like such a big kid sitting up there.