Thursday, October 08, 2009

Golden Birthday!

So, I am WAY behind when it comes to blogging! September was a LONG month, but we survived it! Hallelujah!!!
My "golden" birthday was on the 29th of August and it was incredible! About 2 days before my birthday, one of my good friends called to see if I wouldn't mind watching her kids for a short time, because her and her husband's church meeting's overlapped. Of course I said yes, because I think her children are wonderful and I headed over later that evening. What I was not expecting was for my younger sister Katchie to open the door! What an awesome surprise! I, of course, started crying, and didn't realize for quite some time that a whole room of my friends was also there waiting to surprise me! We had delicious food and great company! They spoiled me and sent me home with gifts, which I greatly appreciated! It's so nice to have such good friends!
I was beyond ecstatic to have Katchie there! I don't get to see my sisters nearly often enough anymore and I treasure any moment I get to spend with them! The next day we got to hang out, go shopping and visit! All things I love to do! Little did I know that there would be another surprise! Val went to go the store to pick up a few things, only to return with my youngest sister MaryRose! How cool is that? I was not expecting that at all and was truly spoiled to have them visit for my birthday! For my birthday, we went to CiCi's for lunch---a family favorite from when we lived in Texas. Fond memories from our childhood! Then we all headed to the zoo, which was a blast! I love the zoo and it was fun to have all of us together! We got some great pictures! See for yourself! :)


What cute little bees!

Feeding the birds.... (they freaked Katch out a bit!) :)

Sweet Leecy T--future veterinarian

Me, Val, Lainey, Lennon and MaryRose

Mr. Lennon loved the birds!

Me and Leecy

Katchie and Lainey bug

I love when he does this! :)

MaryRose, Lennon, Lainey, Val, Katchie and Leecy

Me and my sweet kids

My cute family!

Sisters (notice the arm out Patty--you were here in spirit!)
We enjoyed a nice dinner at home and I was spoiled with far too many gifts! I received several books I was wanting (all of which have been read now--and they were all great!), some cute new maternity clothes, gift cards---which allowed me to get several things I really needed! Thank you to my sweet parents and in-laws, siblings and husband and children! I am so very blessed to have such an amazing family and friends!
MaryRose had to leave the day after my birthday and Katchie the day after that. Our time was short, but so well enjoyed! We need to do it more often! We wish Patty could have joined us, but she was definitely in our thoughts!
As a side note, apparently I was the only one who wasn't aware of all of the secret planning going on! Even my bishop knew ahead of time! Thanks for all of the surprises and for being so wonderful everyone! You made my day incredibly special and I am forever grateful for all that you do!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

wow - what a great surprise for your birthday! seriously so fun.

M {3 said...

"which allowed me to get several things I really needed!" hahahaha
That made me laugh, a couple of things for a couple of things. teehee By the way I have the best looking family all around don't I!

Hair Goddess said...

It was awesome visiting!!! That was one of the funnest things I have ever planned... was the big surprise!!

Also Yes Mama, we are Very good looking!
Love you sis

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a great birthday! It sounds like it was perfect! You deserve it! You are such an amazing person who offers so much to everyone. Thanks again for being willing to babysit my kids that night!!:)

Biggie T said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. We really wanted to be there also but couldn't get away trying to get ready to move. I'm sure your will always remember this lucky birthday. Looks like you had a great time at the zoo.

The Bombic said...

Thanks for thinking of me and for keeping my spot open. :) I wish I could have been there too, but I guess it worked out in the end that I could be in Marshall that weekend. And you all do look gorgeous! Love ya!

Trey said...

lucky! good seeing the pictures after hearing about it

goldmania said...

How awesome!! So glad you had a nice birthday. I didn't even know about Golden Birthdays until mine had passed. You are so amazing, I love checking your blog. The Fair looked fun too. Wish we could find something like that around here. :)Maybe we should talk Andy into moving out there!! ha ha

mamasteph said...

Thanks everyone!

Kris--you should totally talk Andy into it! Like he would ever leave TX! :) You guys do have the renassaince festival, which is really fun! You should definitely check it out if you haven't before!