Friday, April 04, 2008

Sick and pleasant

How is it possible for such a little girl to be so sick, and yet so pleasant at the same time? Poor little Lainey bug has been sick this week, as has Leecy T. Fortunately Leecy T has gotten better (we were a little worried there for a while with her history) but little Lainey has continued to be sick. She has this horrible cough, which includes wheezing and a runny nose and we found out at the doctor's office, that she also has horrendous ear infections! The doc said they were bright red and that a normal antibiotic wouldn't solve the problem, so she is on a heavy duty one. She is also scheduled to have breathing treatments every four hours to help her lungs. Poor thing! Lainey has also had a fever and amazes us at how little she complains. She doesn't cry much and usually has a big smile for everything! And Leecy T has been such a great helper--she likes to help take Lainey's temperature and she always makes sure Lainey has the blanket, toy, etc that she needs. What a good big sis! So right now, we are crossing our fingers that this antibiotic works! I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Hair Goddess said...

My poor girls! I wish I was there to help!

Stephanie said...

BLECK! Noah was on breathing treatments for a long time at just about the same age Lainey is! It's the worst to see your kids like that - hope she's better soon.

M {3 said...

She is always so sweet on the phone even when she doesn't feel well, her I love yous make my heart smile:). I love that Leecy can make her laugh even with a fever.

Syphus Family said...

Ugh...I am so sorry! I hope your girls get feeling better soon!

Kathy said...

oh my goodness - NO. that is so sad :( i hope that they both get better soon - especially lainey and all her sickness! no fun - we know :(

Brent and Mary Rose said...

That makes me so sad! She is such a trooper! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you! Love you!

The Bombic said...

Oh that sweet Lainey bug - it seems unfair that she's been so sick. At least Aleece has been extra sweet as well. ;) I hope everyone's feeling better. Love you!