Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Things that make me smile...

Aleece and Madelaine make me smile every day. They are getting to be so grown up and I cherish being their mother.

We had a family home evening last night about being thankful. We explained why we celebrate Thanksgiving, what we are thankful for, etc. At the end of our little lesson I took our corncopia and emptied it of it's fruits and veggies. I then asked Aleece to tell me one thing she was thankful for, for every item I put back in the cornocopia. The first thing out of her mouth was "that Jesus is in my heart". Okay, how precious is that? Val and I looked at each other and said, okay, how can you top that? Some of her other answers included family members, Pres. Hinckley and his counselors, and the Nephites. She is one smart cookie.

Another quick story......we've always known Aleece has a love for music. Madelaine has proven to enjoy music just as much as her sister. We were in Target the other day, back by all of the Christmas paraphanalia, and someone pressed something that played music. Madelaine had been down walking around, and stopped abruptly once she heard the music. I looked down at her to find her standing their TAPPING HER TOE! It was too cute for words. Another shopper noticed this, informed me that I needed to videotape this and make millions off of it! If only it were that easy! I mean, she is that cute......anyone interested in hiring her out? :)

4 comments:

M {3 said...

It is amazing how those wonderful music genes have been passed on! She is the cutest little toe tapper.
The sweet tender spiritual moments however are definitely the result of wonderful parents teaching their children in righteousness, you guys are doing an terrific job. <3

Hair Goddess said...

What cute girls! I was thinking about hiring Lainey bug out for a party I am having? Can she make ballon animals :) Love you sister

Brent and Mary Rose said...

It makes me giggle to even imagine! You should ask Target for the security camera tape and sell it the manufacturer of that music toy :) I love it! I can't believe Aleece, she is such an amazing girl! You are a wonderful mother and it most definitely shows by your fruits! CAN'T WAIT to see you all!!! Less than one week!

Biggie T said...

you are both doing a great job as parents. Aleece is way too smart for an ordinary 3 year old. I wish we could see her more often.

It was fun to actually see Lainey doing the toe tapping. I'm sure she will be as musical as her parents. She is such a sweety and am still amazed when I see her walking around. We'd love to see her more too.