Friday, November 30, 2007

Vamanos

Aleece loves to play make believe, as everyone who knows her is aware. She has a phenomonal imagination. Well, today I caught her playing make believe bi-lingually. Yep, that's right, she was pretending in both English and Spanish, and was using the terms correctly. I mean I have never studied Spanish, silly me took Latin in high school, but I have seen Dora and Diego enough to know the basics. What's great is that she was playing with Madelaine, and kept using the words vamanos and delicioso and Lainey seemed to understand each of the commands given. For those of you that aren't proficient in Spanish that translates to let's go and delicious, respectively. Leecy T would say vamanos, and Lainey would follow. This was really pretty amusing to watch. I'm so grateful for such smart little girls! What would I do without them? I sure wouldn't laugh nearly as much as I do now!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

your blog background looks great! glad those instructions helped. also- i'm so very impressed that your girls are on their way to being bi-lingual!

Bubba said...

That girl is so rad. Dude, I took to years of Spanish in High School and I don't even know those words! Well maybe I do but barely. Keep up the good work momma steph.

M {3 said...

Leave it to those cute princesses, however when we play Diago and Dora she doesn't use Spanish on me, smart girl! ;)

M {3 said...

Hey Steph, you might want to print off copies of the your blog every once in awhile, put them in folders for the girls and you have a sort of journal!

mamasteph said...

Fantastic idea Mom! Thanks!