Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tagged

So I was tagged by Kathy to list 7 random things about myself. Here goes......

1. I love being pregnant. I'm in better shape when I'm pregnant than any other time, for some strange reason! I don't gain much weight and I don't have to worry about just being fat! Plus feeling the baby kick is such an incredible experience!

2. I absolutely love going to the zoo. Maybe more than my children! :) I don't know what my fascination is, but I always have such a great time!

3. I can totally tune anyone and anything out when I am reading. Blessing or curse? I'm really not sure!

4. I hate throw up. I will do anything in my power to prevent myself from doing it (even if it would make me feel better!), and I can't be in the same room as someone who has. I know it's my subconcious but I just can't help it! Baby spit up I'm fine with, but as soon as my kids have been old enough to have substanstial puke, it's Val's turn! Sorry honey!

5. The older I have gotten, the more fears I have developed. I think part of it has been in becoming a mother. I have such a strong need to protect my children that so many more things seem unsafe. Bridges collapsing, public shootings, flying, heights. Pathetic, I know. I really try hard to not let allow it to affect me too much. But I always have those underlying fears!

This is getting harder. I can't seem to think of anything interesting....let's see....

6. I'm never sure where to call "home" when someone asks me. I've moved around so much in my life, it's hard to pinpoint any one place. I resided the longest amount of time in Texas, and have so many fond memories from there, but I was born in Ohio, started school in England, moved to Utah after graduating high school, have also lived in South Carolina, Minnesota and now Tennessee. I guess I would have to say home is wherever my family is. One of my favorite quotes is "Home is not a place, it is a feeling." I 100% concur!!!

7. I love any and all holidays! My parents always made every holiday fun and it has made me want to do the same for my children! Any excuse to celebrate! I love all of our traditions and hope our children will pass them on also!

There you have it. Not necessarily interesting, but seven random things about me, nonetheless! :) I guess I am supposed to tag a couple of people, so I tag Patty, Katchie, Mary Rose, and Noelle!

3 comments:

M {3 said...

Those are some of the great things that make you who you are! You are also a very caring and mothering person. You are a wonderful friend as well! Thanks for being you.

Kathy said...

i am totally the same as you described in #5, and i LOVE that quote about home being a feeling. very nice!

Madame Mauri said...

That is so funny about the reading thing. When I remember the two times we visited you in TX, one of the first things I remember is how you loved to read, and being amazed at how you could concentrate when other things were going on. I think it is a blessing, because it shows how much you love to read! It is sad how many kids now don't love reading like that. Fun to hear the other things about you too! :)