Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pet peeves and cookies

We took the girls to the most fabulous park today. It has several playgrounds, swings, plenty of picnic benches, and the weather was perfect. The girls had so much fun. Val and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with the girls and finally being able to spend some time outside. My only pet peeve when it comes to the park is children who are unattended. This doesn't always mean that there isn't a parent there, it just means the parent obviously has something better to do than watch their own children. Everything would go so much more smoothly if all of the kids took turns, instead of shoving other kids out of the way and blocking slides, etc. I know most of these parents probably have no idea what is going on because they believe there children are old enough to 1) hopefully know better than to bully younger children and 2) not have to be supervised at all times. Unfortunately that isn't always the case. I guess being a mother to younger children I notice more of this, and am going to make sure I never get included in the group of parents I mentioned previously!
Another thing I have noticed over the past two weeks is the sudden appearance of girl scout cookies EVERYWHERE! I can't leave my house without coming across a stand of some kind with cute little girl scouts pleading for you to buy there cookies. I was a girl scout myself and remember all of the drama that came with selling cookies. Knocking on doors and begging people to buy something was not my favorite part of being a girl scout by any means! I remember wanting to sell enough cookies to win certain prizes, but in reality, I don't know how ANY of those prizes where even really achievable! It has been enough years without having had a girl scout cookie, that I'm almost afraid I've forgotten what they taste like! And I have to tell you, that being pregnant, I have to try and steer clear of all of these stands, because I want to give in and buy a box of Samoa's so badly! But they now charge a whopping $3.50 a box! I just can't see spending that kind of money on a box of cookies, no matter how good I imagine they might taste! Plus, I'm almost certain they are better in my imagination....so why ruin a good thing? :)

5 comments:

M {3 said...

I never was a great sales mom, but some of those cookies are yummy. Where did those girl scout years go?

Syphus Family said...

One of Lee's manager's daughter was selling girl scout cookies last year. Lee made the mistake of asking her what the largest order she had so far. She said 10 boxes. He promptly said, well, I'll buy 11 boxes.So this year she asked if he was up to buying 11 boxes again. Thanks Lee for those 5 lbs I have gained in the past month from thin mints and peanut butter cookies! They sure were good!

Stephanie said...

i won't say how many boxes i bought. :)

but on the park thing- i'm with you... it's pretty irritating to have unruly children taking over the playground!

Kathy said...

my BIGGEST pet peeve ever, is people who just let their kids loose and have no control on them. SO ANNOYING, and sad for the kids too. . . they end up thinking they can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

YUM on the cookies. i also love samoas! Mmmmmm.

Hair Goddess said...

Eat the coooookies
Eat the coooookies
It goes to the girl scouts, just buya box already!
(Im kidding!)