Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2 month appointment and more misc...

We took Lennon to our pediatrician today for his 2 month checkup. He is absolutely perfect! He weighs in at 11 lbs 6 oz (approx. 50%) and is 22 1/2 inches (approx. 25%) long. At this rate he will definitely be outgrowing little Lainey bug! Our poor boy had to have three immunizations in shot form and the rotovirus oral immunization--that one he enjoyed! It seems like no matter how many times I have to watch them give my babies shots, it never gets any easier--but I know it's for their own good. We don't have to go back again until November for Lennon's 4 month checkup!
Daddy and Lennon
Mommy and Lennon

We are now in week 2 of preschool and Aleece is continuing to love it! I am so glad she has this opportunity to go so that she will be a little more prepared for when she starts kindergarten next year. She is already so stinking smart, but I know that the social interaction she is getting is going to help her immensely! She loves the kids in her class and she loves to tell us what she learned. We still miss having her around the house, but I know that this is good for her! Aleece has also become way too computer savvy! We have a couple of children's websites that we really enjoy, such as starfall.com and pbskids.org. The PBS website is Aleece's favorite and she can navigate it like no other. They have some great learning activities and I am amazed that Aleece knows where all of the letters are on the keyboard. She handles the mouse really well too. We live in such a technological age it is almost ridiculous how much little kids can do these days. They know how to work cell phones, tv's, dvd players, computers, you name it! Tonight Aleece came out while I was preparing dinner to show me what she had printed on the computer. So I asked her how she knew how to do it. She told me that she just clicked on the printer and that was that. Sheesh! Way to smart, I tell ya!
Advertising execs are also getting way too smart. We were in the store this week and passed a rack of clothes with pictures of Hannah Montana on them, to which Lainey exclaimed "Hannah Montana!" Really?! We have never even watched that show! But she somehow picked up on it! I have to admit it made me smile though. I love hearing her little voice!

6 comments:

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Seriously I laughed so hard when I read that about Hannah Montana! You have the smartest kids!! And I am pretty sure Aleece is more teach savvy than I am! And don't get me stared on how cute that lil bruiser is! Love you!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Glad to here the doctors appointment went well. It is always such a relief to hear your kids are doing great.

Those two websites you mentioned are some of Hyrum's favorite sites too! They are great!

Your kids are so cute!

Biggie T said...

Glad to hear that Lennon is doing so well and growing - I'm thinking he may fill that Welch linebacker tradition yet. That Leecy T is so smart - she's probably more computer literate than McCain. Lainey is going to have to tell me about Hanna Montana - maybe I'm just watching the wrong shows.

M {3 said...

Ohh, what a sweet little guy and I am so happy he is so healthy. I cannot wait to give them all hugs in 1 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Leecy T is so great at the computer (thanks in part to granny's laptop) but a rock is more computer literate than McCain!!!

Nina said...

The evil marketing EMPIRE!!! Ha ha. Your babies are so sweet. When we took Stella in for her shot at 4 years old, she pretended to be a kitty and hid under a chair. I had to drag her out and boy, was the shot a production. Anyways, you are right about the shots not getting easier! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Kathy said...

it is crazy when kids start knowing as much on the computer as you do, eh????