Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Falling in love with fall....

Monday was the first official day of fall and I couldn't be more excited. There is something about this time of year that just seems to charge me up! Pumpkins, apples, football games, the leaves changing..... I especially love any excuse to throw pumpkin into the mix. I made my first pumpkin pie of the season on Sunday when the missionaries came over for dinner and they were so good! We are so excited to go to MN next week to see Trey play football. We miss not being able to go to all of the games and can't wait to get all decked out and cheer him on! We had a picnic at our bishop's home this weekend and the weather was perfect! There was a nice breeze in the air and you could just sense everyone's relief that the ridiculously hot temperatures from this summer are over, at least till next year! So I am falling in love with fall all over again, just like I do every year. Only this year, our kids seem to sense everything that is going on also! Aleece and Madelaine want to be outside all the time and if they could have apples with every meal, they would!
I came across a fantastic idea the other day while reading one of my magazines. It is for an "idea journal". This is something you carry around with you and when you come across a great idea--recipe, craft, place you would like to visit, quote etc. you write it down. I don't know how many times I have been out and about and read about something I would love to try and forgotten about it by the time I got home! So I am hoping this will help me remember all of those fun things I come across and be able to experiment a little! We'll see how it goes!
Lainey talks more and more each day. It has been so fun to see her vocabulary grow. She idolizes Leecy T and tries to do everything just like her big sister. Aleece sometimes likes just bread and butter for breakfast, and as I was preparing Aleece's this morning, Madelaine came running in and said, "I want some bread and butter." It still shocks me a little when she uses these full sentences. Mostly because she is still so small--you don't expect that to come out of her! Both girls are so smart, they give me a run for my money most days!
Aleece was watching "Pocahontas 2" the other day and in one scene they show a bear. Well, Aleece told me to keep watching because in a minute they would tell me the bear's name. It still makes me smile, just thinking about what happened next. In a scene a short while later some people are being mean to the bear and Pocahontas yells, "Stop, this is torture!" Aleece looks over at me and says matter of factly, "See? His name is torture!" She is so funny sometimes! I had to agree with her, that that is what it sounded like!
Lennon is "talking" more and still loves to be held. He has the sweetest smile and I think he smiles biggest for his big sisters! It has been so fun watching the relationship between all three of our children unfold. They love each other so much and have the best time together, even if they are just sitting on the couch trying to make each other giggle. They are so precious to me and I love every single moment I am with them!

6 comments:

M {3 said...

Isn't Fall the time of year you want to bottle up for mid Winter (at least in MN!) The leaves here are starting to change although I miss the changing leaves on the mountains. Beautiful! But I guess without Winter there would be no Fall. Those cute kids make me laugh and smile. The Torture thing is just too cute:)

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Love the idea journal! I think that is a wonderful idea! Hopefully you use it more than I did my commonplace book ;)
Your kids are so funny! I CAN'T WAIT to see them in a week!! That torture thing is so funny! That girl cracks me up! Love you!

Madame Mauri said...

I love Fall also! Being back in UT while the leaves are changing is wonderful! Little Lennon is so cute and getting so big. I really like your new blogger title/pics. The kids are so cute! Have fun visiting your family!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I love the idea journal too. I think I may have to try it.

Fall is my favorite time of year too. There is just something special in the air.

I love the story about the bear. Too cute!

Kathy said...

HA HA HA on the bear being named "torture" - that's great. fall is definitely the best time of the year, i totally agree. :)

Nina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting...it is always fun to hear from you. And also to see what you guys are up to! I'm feeling good...I get cranky more easily. :) What dates are you in MN? I've been wanting to make a trip to Marshall, so I hope that it works out!