Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

"All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother." Abraham Lincoln

This quote is so true. I am who I am because of my sweet parents. My amazing mother instilled in me such a great love and desire of motherhood. I am so grateful to her and all that she has taught me throughout my life that has helped me in the raising of my own children. There is no greater job, no greater calling in life than that of being a mother. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a mom. I am so grateful that my dreams, my happily ever after, have come true. I love my children so very much and thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing me this blessing. They truly teach me something new every day....patience, compassion, generosity, humor...the list could go on and on.

I had an absolutely wonderful mother's day beginning with Leecy T telling me "Happy Mother's Day" to wake me and tell me breakfast was ready. We had some yummy omelets and went to church. The primary children sang "I Often Go Walking" and "Mother Dear". I love to hear Aleece's sing! We heard some really nice talks on mothers and received some delicious cheesecake petit fours made by a family in our ward who own a French bakery. So good! We were also serenaded by a double quartet of brethren (Val included of couse!) and it was beautiful. After church I had the luxury of taking a nap (love them!) and opened some presents--a new wok, some cute capri's, some nice, new makeup (perfect timing after last week's mishap!), a fun cake cookbook, some beautiful roses that the girls picked out and a new luxury shower head(with a promise of at least a couple of non-interrupted showers!). I was definitely spoiled! Dinner was delicious--we had grilled salmon and corn on the cob, whole wheat french bread and, the best part, creme brulee for dessert! It doesn't get any better than that! :) My day was so nice and our children were so sweet. Lainey's sweet voice telling me "Happy Mother's day!" seriously could make any one's heart melt!

Leecy, Lainey and Lennon make my heart smile everyday and they couldn't possibly find a mother who loves her children more than I love them if they searched the world over! (Except for maybe my mom! I'll call it a tie!) :)


Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms I know!

5 comments:

Biggie T said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a nice Mother's Day - you deserve it! Glad your kids (and Val) took good care of you. You're a great mom and learned from the best!

Brandon and Natalie said...

It sounds like you had a great day and were completely spoiled. You deserve it, you are such a great mommy.

By the way, I don't know if you noticed, but we used the same quote from Abraham Lincoln in our Mother's Day posts. I guess great minds think a like, right?

M {3 said...

You are my role model as a mom. Thanks for being a great mom, daughter and friend. I love you<3.

mamasteph said...

Dad--I definitely learned from the best! Natalie--I did notice that! You are right--great minds DO think alike! :) Mom--I love you too! you are the best!

Hair Goddess said...

Ok quit it, I seriously teared up with the "happily ever after part"... You are a fabulous sister, an amazing friend and an AWESOME mother to those little brats... who I kinda like too :)