Saturday, May 16, 2009

When we're helping, we're happy.....



Our children seem to be growing up too quickly! I thought this picture was too cute not to post. Lainey watches Aleece a great deal and loves to be just like her big sister! So after she saw Aleece helping the other day, she wanted to help too! And she did a surprisingly good job! I know they will both make amazing mothers someday!
Madelaine has also picked up on another of Leecy T's "doings". We have worked hard to teach the kids to be patient and respectful, and have informed Aleece that when she needs to ask a question, she needs to say "Excuse me, Mom/Dad/etc" instead of interrupting. Well, Lainey has picked up on this also and after she hears Aleece say it, generally shortly thereafter I will here, "Excuse me, Leecy!" And then she will tell Leecy whatever it was that was so important.
I love that they can learn from one another and be the best of friends as well as sisters! And I've already seen how special of a relationship they have with their brother as well. I love the looks that pass between them and can feel of the love they have for each other! My sweet children truly light up my life!

5 comments:

M {3 said...

That is such a sweet sweet picture. I can't wait to give them a hug!

Madame Mauri said...

What a great picture! That is so rewarding when you see that your children are actually learning what you teach them!:) Obviously you are doing a great job! :)

The Bombic said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait to hear them say 'Excuse Me' in a few weeks!

Biggie T said...

What a big helper. This is such a great pic. Maybe you should submit it to Gerber.

Kathy said...

awwwwwwwwww! her little face looks so sweet in that picture! totally concentrating on her task - too cute :)