Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lucky #7!

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life! Today marks the 7th anniversary of our eternal family and I couldn't be happier! I am so lucky to be married to my soulmate; to someone who continually makes me want to be better at everything that I do. Even though Val and I are different in so many ways, we seem to bring out the best in each other. I read this poem, loved what it said, and thought that it was very fitting for this moment in my life.....

The Lake

The beauty of the lake is always changing,
With the light, the weather and the season.
Yet each change holds a splendor all its own,
Each viewing precious for its own reason.
In sunshine, golden stars dance across the water.
Moonlight shines a beacon in the peaceful night.
The wind causes whitecaps to erupt and roll,
While calm brings assorted reflections of light.
The water has a new costume each day,
Perhaps gray or green, aqua or blue.
Though each view is different,
the lake is the lake,
Lovely in its every color, mood and hue.
My thoughts of the lake remind me of you,
My wonderful, loving partner in life.
Through sunny days and stormy times,
We've stayed together as husband and wife.
Your love is my beacon, my star and my light;
All your colors and moods are precious to me.
You make every day an enchanting delight,
And I'll love you for all eternity.
By Karl Fuchs



My love continues to grow each day, even when I think my heart is too full to hold any more. Our life has been full of many adventures, which have helped us to grow and learn and every day with you has been beautiful and amazing Val and I'm so grateful to be your wife. Happy 7th Anniversary my love!

5 comments:

Biggie T said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! It is hard to believe that it has already been 7 years since we were ther for that great start in Nauvoo.

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you guys were able to go out on a date to Wicked for your anniversary.

Wonder Woman said...

Here's to lucky #7!! Congratulations :)

Trey said...

you cuties!

The Bombic said...

Congrats! Time sure has flown by since that Nauvoo trip - remember the scones and milk party afterwards in Pleasant View?