Friday, August 28, 2009

RIP Grandpa

Our amazing Grandpa Henderson passed away today after defying all odds and surviving long past any time frame any doctor gave him. He was a father, grandfather, painter, craftsman, musician and so much more. He was probably one of my greatest fans in the music world and it didn't matter what I played for him. As long as it was music he loved it. I have a beautiful hope chest that he and my dad made together, to remind me of his beautiful wood work and love of all crafts. He loved to tell jokes and make people laugh and he was a wonderful grandfather. I remember many vacations, and trips that he and grandma accompanied us on and have so many wonderful memories. I'm grateful to have been able to see him one more time over the summer and to be able to have him spend some more time with the kids. I'm grateful he no longer has to suffer in this life and that has been able to return to Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the joyous reunion I know he is currently having with those who already departed from this life. This reunion was a long time coming for him. I know he is helping watch over the sweet spirit that is set to join our little family in a few months and I know he is happy. Without a shadow of a doubt I know that he is happy. We love you Grandpa! Rest in peace.




1923-2009

5 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

He sounds like he was such a great man. Love the pictures. At least you and your kids were able to see him one last time over the summer. Let me know if I can do anything!

goldmania said...

I'm so sorry. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Love you

Biggie T said...

I'm so glad you took the time to visit and get one last picture together. I'm glad you have so many good memories. You were lucky to have them come visit probably more than most.

Hair Goddess said...

When were these pictures taken? He looks so happy!

mamasteph said...

Over the summer while we were in UT visiting you! He was still doing fairly well then.