Friday, February 29, 2008

Boiling toilets and name calling

So, the other day I was in the kitchen finishing up preparing lunch when I heard a blood-curdling scream and Aleece running down the hallway to find me. She runs into the kitchen to exclaim that there is water all over the bathroom. Super. So I run to the bathroom and lock myself in there so that the girls don't decide that the water looks inviting and start to clean everything up and plunge the toilet. Ah, the excitement in my life. Well, it only took me a few minutes, and as soon as I came out Aleece wanted to know why the toilet was boiling water. What? I guess I had never thought of it that way! But we've taken such caution as parents to make sure they don't get anywhere near the stove or anything extremely hot, for fear of something splashing on them, I guess that is why there was so much panic in that initial scream. After explaining to her what was really going on, I couldn't help but laugh!
Madelaine has learned to say Aleece's name. It is so cute. Generally Aleece goes to bed before she does and as soon as their bedroom door shuts, Lainey goes running down the hall, yelling "aleece, aleece". It is just too cute. She is getting so good at using her words. Another of my favorites is when I ask her what she needs and she responds with, "ummmm..." like she needs to think about it before telling me. I tell ya, they just grow up to fast.
I don't want to have to knock on wood or anything, but the month of February will officially come to a close at midnight, and we have managed to stay away from the hospital this year! Hallelujah! Aleece does have a cough, but I think we just might manage to avoid our yearly trek to the hospital this time! That is a huge blessing! I don't think my pregnant body could handle sleeping on a hospital couch!
Being pregnant has definitely had a strong affect on my emotions this time around. Some days everything feels so completely overwhelming and I don't know where to begin the days tasks, but everytime I look into one of my girls faces, everything seems clearer, and I can't help but want to continually be better for them! It's funny to realize the connection this little boy inside me already has to his sisters. He is most active when he hears their voices, or when they are sitting next to me leaning against my belly. It is such a wonderful feeling to feel life moving around inside of you and to already have such a strong bond with them. Being a mother is my calling in this life, and I am thankful to my mom for instilling in me the values and knowledge I needed to be able to do this great thing.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Boiling toilets! I love it. Aleece is so smart! I cant wait to see your new baby boy !!!!

Kathy said...

all of this is too cute! your new little boy will have lots of love and attention. . . from our experience, sometimes too much :)

The Bombic said...

That toilet thing is hilarious! But, I have to say, I probably would go running, screaming for Eric if that happened. ;)

M {3 said...

Boiling toilet!...LOL That girl never ceases to make my heart smile:) When she sings to me on the phone especially this emotional week, I really needed my heart to smile!
Lainey is a little phone shy but I really love her cat impression and can't wait to have her talk to me on the phone like Leecy, or better yet in person. That little boy is going to be so loved and there won't be a trick those girls won't be able to teach him! Thanks for being such a wonderful Mom.