Saturday, June 07, 2008

The countdown is on....

I had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound yesterday and thought I would give you all a little update. We had the ultrasound (no pics, sorry!) to make sure this little man of ours is positioning himself correctly and to check his size, to ensure I can do another VBAC successfully. Good news is, he is head down already (resting right on my bladder, of course) and he already weighs 5 lbs 14 oz. I'm not sure why that number surprised me so much, I have felt all along like I was bigger this time around than I was with Madelaine. But Lainey was only 6 lb 11 oz, two days overdue and I still have 32 days to go! But we are happy to know he is a healthy, little wiggle worm. His heart rate was about 145 beats per minute, and the girls always enjoy watching the pictures on the ultrasound machine. I've had two occurrences of extreme pain waking me up night during this pregnancy. It felt as though someone had kicked me right in the right kidney, but eventually the pain dissipated--both times within a couple of hours. I mentioned this to my doc, and she said it could be muscle spasms, or perhaps kidney stones. Super. This has never happened to me with either of my prior pregnancies, so I was quite surprised, but she said it's relatively common during pregnancy. At least I know it's nothing serious. When I am pregnant at least, I feel like my mind can turn anything from a minor nothing to a serious problem! Which is funny, because I honestly have textbook pregnancies. We have been very blessed! So the countdown is on. 32 days and counting people! We can't wait to meet our son!

6 comments:

The Bombic said...

So glad everything is going smoothly sis! Although the kidney stones and the bladder pressure sound don't sound very fun. Can't wait to meet the newest addition! Love ya!

M {3 said...

I guess I was right, he'll be giving Lainey piggy back rides by the time he is one! LOL I can't wait to come down and be there for the big day:)
Stay cool until then.

Biggie T said...

Only a month left, wow the time has flown - well at least those of us who aren't pregnant. You really seem to handle these pregnancies well. I'm glad everything is going as planned and can't wait to greet the newest "Welchkin-Moore" football player. I hope the weather isn't too unbearable this next month.

Brent and Mary Rose said...

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by! Yet at the same time it feels like we haven't seen you in forever! We need to get our plane tickets asap! Can't wait to meet him either Steph! Love you sis!!

Kathy said...

wahoo - only a month left! hopefully it's not a kidney stone - yikes! hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well - can't wait to see pictures of him!!!!!!!!

Hair Goddess said...

He will be here so soon...
I can't even believe it, I will have a nephew!