Sunday, June 15, 2008

To the man of the house....

As we have celebrated Father's Day today, it has gotten me thinking quite a bit. I am so thankful for my own father, and the example he has been to me my whole life. He has always been there when we needed him and he has always given us his unconditional love and support. I know that because of him I looked for specific qualities in my own husband. I am so grateful to have Val in my life. He has been my rock throughout our marriage and has been the best husband and father a woman could ask for. A lot of people wonder how we ended up together, being as different as we are, but that is why is work so well together. We complement each other's personalities so well. Val is eccentric. There is no getting around it. But I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. It definitely makes our lives more exciting! :) I love that he has taught our daughters that it is okay to be unique. I wouldn't trade my Indiana Jones loving, Beatles singing, Ipod listening little girls for anything in the world! I love that he has instilled a love of the gospel in our daughters. They both love to hear stories about Joseph Smith, the Nephites, Jesus, it doesn't really matter who--they are always enthralled with whatever story he tells them. And not only that, but he can make up stories at the drop of a hat. The girls absolutely adore when he does this! I love that he has taught our daughters a love of music--not just one type of music, but a love of all music. I love that he teaches our daughters right from wrong, and that he likes to tease and be silly with them too. There are so many qualities that make him a great father--it isn't just one specific thing that makes him so wonderful. I am so grateful to have a husband who honors his priesthood and makes sure the Spirit is felt in our home. I am so grateful for him on this day and every other day and I want him to know how very much I love him. Happy Father's Day sweetie!

4 comments:

Hair Goddess said...

Happy Fathers Day Val!!

M {3 said...

Love Love the Nightmare before Christmas gear! I am grateful for the great dad Val is as well. Happy Fathers Day Val<3. If he didn't teach those girls to love the unique and a bit eccentric as well as just down right unusual, they wouldn't be able to relate to their granny at all;)

Biggie T said...

Thanks for the kind words and of course wish I had been better and spent more time at home. The times seems to go by in a flash. Way to go Val - every family needs someone eccentric.

Val said...

Thanks Sweetie. I'm glad you're okay with my oddities. Thank you for all the great gifts and the wonderful day!! It couldn't have been better! I love you!