Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I grow up....

Aleece has been asking us lately what we want to be when we grow up. At first she said she was going to be a doctor, so that she could help people, but then her Aunt Mary suggested she be an animal doctor and she thought this was the coolest idea ever! She loves animals, no matter the kind, or how nice they are! She asked me what I wanted to be and I told her I love my job as mommy and she thought about it for a second and then informed me that I could be a zookeeper when I grow up too and she has informed her Granny and Lainey bug that they can be animal nurses. Daddy gets to be a firefighter. Apparently she has her mind made up, so if any of you need any help determining what it is you are going to be when you grow up, just ask Aleece!


Madelaine has developed a new love for drawing and coloring recently. She is so content to sit with a piece of paper and a pen and draw pictures. However, she can also climb onto just about anything, so she is definitely keeping me busy this last month of pregnancy. I'm just waiting for the day I walk in to kitchen to find her on top of the refrigerator, just like in all of the old cartoons!


Val has been in school now working on his master's for the past two weeks and is actually enjoying it. He has some really nice teachers, and the classes aren't too difficult. We have been enjoying the extra time he has been able to be at home. He does so much for all of us! He has even made it possible for me to squeeze in a much needed nap sometimes in the afternoons!


I had another doctor's appointment today. Baby boy's heart rate was good, in the upper 150's and he is still measuring right on track. I'm already dilated some, so things are progressing. We will hope he decides not to make me suffer through the summer heat any past his due date! But I guess if you look at my track record, that may happen! I am enjoying my last month with just my sweet girls and trying to get some last minute projects done before baby #3 decides to make his debut. (26 days and counting!) Life is busy, but good!

3 comments:

M {3 said...

Animals and taking orders from a doctor...sounds right up my alley don't ya think? LOL I think singing on the phone with those girls always brightens the day! WOW 26days I'm excited to be there soon.<3

Madame Mauri said...

I'm glad you are getting some rest and everything ready for baby. Any names? or is it a surprise. Hopefully you won't have to wait to much longer!! I'm so excited for you and to see who he looks like! ;)I hope you can feel somewhat comfortable, that was all too recent for me.

The Bombic said...

I would LOVE to know what Aleece thinks I should be when I grow up - especially since she already told me I'm not having any kids. ;)
Love you sis!