Monday, June 02, 2008

Our big girl!

Aleece got her ears pierced today! It was part of an early birthday present for her, and she did such a great job! She sat super still for the lady piercing her ears, and we only had a few tears. Afterwards she did say it hurt, but just a little bit. Her earrings are daisies with each of the petals being a different color. They are very cute. She had called her Granny earlier in the day and informed her that she had dreamed every day this week of getting her ears pierced. This has been something she has wanted to do, for about a year now, and she proved to us she was old enough to do it! She had to have her ears done one at a time, because there was only one woman working, but we left the final decision up to Aleece. We told her she could come back when they could do both ears at once, or have them done one at a time, and she told us she was ready to have them done individually. Today was her day. As the impending arrival of baby #3 nears I can't help but think of both of my previous pregnancies. It seems like just yesterday that I was discovering I was pregnant with Aleece. Where does the time go? She has turned into a big girl, in what seems to me, to be no time at all! Here are some pictures of Aleece's newly pierced ears. Sorry the quality isn't great, I couldn't seem to get the earrings to show up very well! I'll keep working on it!




Aleece's new earrings.


What a big girl!


Sisters! Best friends!

5 comments:

Biggie T said...

Wow - tell Leecy T how impressed I am and how beautiful she looks with her new earings. I can't beleive she was able to do her ears separately. I would have passed out after the first one. Can't wait to see her in person.

Hair Goddess said...

Yeah Aleece! That was a pretty cute phone call I got from my little mush mouth!!

M {3 said...

It was so funny when she called and told me she had been dreaming all week about getting her ears pierced. Then she called so excited she had had it done! Those girls are my sunshine! <3

The Bombic said...

She is so brave! I remember chickening out when I was a kid and then begging mom to take me back later. What beautiful girls!

Kathy said...

how cute! my girls *want* to get their ears done, but are too scared!