Wednesday, March 04, 2009

This and that...

Sometimes my thoughts get so jumbled and it's hard to remember everything I want to blog about....so I thought I would jot down a few stories that came to mind in a list type format to let ya'll know what's been going on!

----Lainey had just woken up from a nap, and she wasn't in a stellar mood as she was waking up. She had pretty much had it, I guess, with Val and I, and she climbed up into Aleece's lap and just sat there cuddling with her and giving her this tight little squeeze as if Leecy T could protect her from anything! It was so sweet!

----Leecy T was talking to Lennon about teething last night. She said to him, "It's okay. I remember when I was little and I got my first tooth. It really hurt and I cried a little to." Seriously, she is an amazing big sister.

----Aleece loves the opportunity to play on the computer, usually sites like pbs kids or nick junior. Well, she didn't want to wait around for me to type in the website address for her on the computer earlier this week and typed it in herself and I was seriously amazed at how close she got for a four year old! She typed in nicjoonyr.com. I mean phonetically that is pretty darn close! She is so stinking smart! We also had a dr. appt. earlier this week and she loves to write on the chalkboards, so I like to give her a word and see if she can write and spell it. She is getting pretty good! She is really good at sounding out the words and figuring out what letters come next!

----We like to give options in our house, but now I'm beginning to wonder if we do this a little too frequently. If one of the girls asks for something that may not be as nutritious, etc. as we think they should have, say soda, for example, we will say, "how about chocolate milk or water?" Well apparently Lainey now thinks this is a bargaining tool. Because whenever she wants something she now starts out with "how about...." followed by her suggestion. I have to admit, it makes me smile everytime!

----Mr. Lennon now has 2 teeth! His first tooth broke through last week and his second tooth is almost all the way through! The poor kid has had a rough go of it though! It is obvious that it hurts and so we've now purchased stock in infant Tylenol! Kidding! He has had a tough time sleeping, but I love his sweet toothy grin! He is such a handsome boy!

----U2 came out with a new album this past week and Lainey already has some of the music memorized! :) Her favorite song is "Get on your boots". U2 has been the house band on Letterman this week also, and Val, of course, has made sure these episodes are recorded. The girls like to sit and watch it with him the next day. And with out fail, Lainey know's exactly who they are. She always shouts out "Bono!" and sings along!

----We have been working really hard on making sure we are reading our scriptures every night. We have been doing really well and decided we needed to add to it. Music, as you all now, is a staple in our home. If there isn't music playing somewhere, one of the girls is usually singing something. We decided to add the song "Love at Home" to our evening ritual of scripture and prayer time. I love the lyrics to this hymn. They say so perfectly what love at home can offer. It brings a special spirit to our home when this is sung and I hope tthat his is a song our children and our children's children will be singing for many years to come in their homes as well.

5 comments:

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Seriously Steph... I feel like such a baby every time I read your updates cuz they always make me tear up. I am a loser. We need to live closer! Those kids are so cute! That is way impressive of Leecy by the way! I have 5th graders in our class right now that struggle with doing what she can do! Love you!!!

Biggie T said...

I miss those kids - they're growing up way too fast without us. Cherish these moments because before you know it they will all be grown up. We hope to see you all soon.

M {3 said...

Leecy T will be an awesome mom just like you. When you call the sounds of their voices melt my heart. Mr. Lennon is growing way to fast. His 'mamama' is so cute. And of course Lainey's laugh is so contagious. Both your Grandma's used to sing 'Love at Home' a lot, I'm sure your voices are pure magic!<3

Lorie said...

What a great big sister! And how cute that she empathizes with his teething pain! So cute!

Trey said...

those kids are the bizomb