Thursday, April 02, 2009

Lessons learned from our most recent hospital stay...

Not all nurses are sweet and caring like Cinderella,



sometimes you get the evil stepmother!



(some even look like Quasi Moto,



without the lovable personality!)

Ambulance rides are scary for children--there are way to many intimidating instruments and medications present....but receiving a stuffed animal from the paramedics definitely helps!

Hospital food in Memphis isn't too bad...it's not your typical hospital food. They serve things here like juicy chicken tenders, pizza, and chocolate mousse pie! It's actually edible and somewhat appealing to kids.

Hospitals make two year olds and babies stir-crazy! Except for maybe the playroom in pediatrics. That they enjoy!



IV's can make three kids cry in surround sound, even though only one is getting the needle put in their hand! However the crying only lasts for a few seconds fortunately and then everyone is happy again.

Wagon rides in the hospital are extra cool......except when you see a corpse being wheeled down the hallway. Whose bright idea was it to place pediatrics and hospice in the same wing of the hospital???

Breathing treatments, although noisy, sometimes offer the most peaceful hospital moments. You don't have a nurse in your room every 5 seconds!

Parking is always inconvenient in the hospital.....unless you get rock star parking, which is highly unlikely. That place is always busy!

Sleeping in the hospital is near impossible. Shocker, I know! Not only is the couch/bed ridiculously hard, but with people coming in and out of the room all night long it's hard to not sleep with one eye open!

Family is AMAZING! This we already knew, but it's always nice to know that they are there for you no matter what. Prayers, gifts, constant support.......amazing. Thanks my cute family!

(cute cookie bouquet from Aunt Katchie and Uncle Jeff)

Friends make life so much easier! Homemade dinners, watching kids, helping with blessings.....thank you all so much!

6 comments:

Trey said...

what a trooper

M {3 said...

I love the cookie picture! I am so happy she is home, for her and you both! Now Lainey's "adventures" will be close at home;) I love ya all tons<3

Biggie T said...

Way to look at this as an educational experience. I'm just glad you were only there 2 days. I hope everyone recovers quickly.

The Bombic said...

I'm so glad your adventures at the hospital are over. Mom told me about Lainey saying 'I need my doctor, I'll be right back.' Those kids are hysterical!

TheKillerJ said...

That poor girl. I liked the "crying in surround sound" comment. hahaha! It's funny in a sad way. Leecy looked like she liked the cookies though.

That girl's a trooper! She may actually beat Katchie and I for trips to the ER! She's like the toddler version of The Tool Man.

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a cute way to describe her hospital experience. I am so glad that she is doing so much better. I am glad that she was pampered with all of her treats in the hospital. How wonderful for her to know that she is loved by so many people.