Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Au revoir

My little brother Clay enters the MTC (missionary training center) today out in Utah. He will be there for nine weeks, learning to speak French, before heading overseas to the beautiful country of Switzerland for 2 years. He is doing such an honorable thing and serving the Lord for 2 years as a missionary for our church and we couldn't be more proud of him. He has become such an incredible young man and it will be hard not to see him for two years, but we all know he is doing what he is supposed to be, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I know the next two years will hold some truly amazing experiences for him, and I know he is going to grow immensely. It's hard to say goodbye to someone you love, for so long, but I know in the grand scheme of things, this is just a few seconds of our eternal lives. So really goodbye isn't the right thing to say, I guess. I'll just say, have fun, keep the faith and we'll see you in two years! We love you Bubba!

1 comment:

M {3 said...

Every time I look at that face I want to smile and cry at the same time. He knows all the love you send and he was so excited to start his adventure. What a day it was <3 sending him off.