Saturday, February 16, 2008

Haircuts

This is a tribute to my favorite cosmetologist in the whole world, my sister Katchie! She has cut my hair for, I think, at least the past five years, and always makes it look just right! I believe I have only had it cut by someone else one time in those 5 years, due to my living 1100 miles away, and it was completely traumatizing! I hated what the lady did and vowed never to do it again unless absolutely necessary. Well, necessity knocked on my door. I was looking like a shaggy dog, and thanks to my now living 1500 miles away from my sister, I am unable to get my hair cut as often as I would desire. So I finally got my haircut today--mind you, I went in with a picture of myself after Katchie had cut it, and was hoping and praying that I wouldn't come out of there a complete disaster. It went better this time around, my hair doesn't look too bad. The lady who cut it was about as southern as you can be (her name was Melva Rae--I mean seriously!) and was VERY chatty. I would much much rather have Katchie cutting it! I have always had complete faith in her, and I know she would never let me walk out of her salon looking ridiculous! If anyone needs their hair done, she is the one to go to! She has an amazing talent, and can even make a mullet look good! :) And that takes A LOT of talent! So I guess, I'll just have to beg Katchie to move to Memphis! Katchie, Jeff?? Any takers? :)

2 comments:

Hair Goddess said...

:) YOU'RE SWEET!Find Jeff a high dollar job in Memphis and we are there! Love and miss you sis...I miss cutting your locks :(

M {3 said...

I totally agree, I HATE to even think about finding someone else to do my hair. In fact when people find she is coming to Minnesota they ask if she'll do theirs! It gives me even more reason to visit more often (like I need one).