Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day <3

Valentines day has a way of making you reflect on all of the reasons you love those that are important in your life. There are so many people in my life that I love very much and am so thankful for. My desire is to be able to show them this all year long, not just one day of the year when people are feeling especially lovey-dovey!

I love my husband so much for all that he is and stands for. He is a wonderful husband and father and treats me like a queen. He makes me want to be better in all that I do.

I love my daughters so very much, for their sweet spirits, their innocence, their laughter, their smiles. The list could go on forever.

I love my parents so much for their unconditional love and support. There example to me is truly amazing.

I love my sisters so much for their wisdom, support, and sassiness! They bring so much to this world and are always there when I need them.

I love my brothers so much for their strength. Not just physically but emotionally. They have grown so much over the years and are truly remarkable young men.

I have a great deal of love for so many others--esecially for their examples to me.

This list could grow and grow and grow. I just hope all of you know how much you have touched my life, and I am thankful for the places you hold in my heart.

I was tagged by a friend and thought it would be fun to do today.

answer these questions for you and your spouse/significant other)
1. Your Song: One by U2--our wedding song.
2. Your favorite feature of his: His eyes--they are a piercing blue and he has these tremendously long eyelashes!
3. His favorite feature of yours: my smile
4. What drives you crazy about him (not the good stuff): His stocking caps! :) Although now we are in a much warmer place, so he doesn't wear them as often! :)
5. What drives him crazy about you: That I expect him to know what, where, why, when, and how about everything I'm thinking.. (thank you Steph for putting it perfectly!)
6. Favorite trip you've taken together: So many! We have traveled thousands of miles throughout our marriage and I have fond memories of every single trip. It's been wonderful to see the country with him!
7. How do you picture your lives in fifty years: Val being retired and us enjoying our many grandchildren! Probably serving a mission and living life to it's fullest!
8. What was your last fight over: I honestly don't know! I'm sure something totally lame!
9. Most romantic thing he's ever said to or done for you: Val is a romantic at heart! When we were dating it was flowers and songs he had written for me, since we've been married it's been a multitude of things. He always makes sure my needs are met!
10. Favorite "down time" activity: Movies. We love to sit together and watch a good movie that we can discuss afterwards.


**Bonus** post some of your favorite pictures together
At Val's graduation


Seals and Seals concert

I tag: Katchie, Patty, Mary Rose, Noelle and Becca

Happy Valentines Day!!!

5 comments:

M {3 said...

It's not a down time activity but my favorite activity you two do together is make beautiful music which always makes my heart smile:) I loved your post and I <3 U

Kathy said...

those pictures of you are SOOOOOOOOOOO good! very cute.

Becca and Chad said...

I am so happy you are so in love and doing so well! Happy heart day!

Bubba said...

thanks sis. You are a great person and I love you with all my heart. Happy Valentines Day!

Syphus Family said...

cute pics!