Monday, February 04, 2008

Laying Eggs

This weekend as we left the grocery store, Aleece noticed the funniest thing. A little silver car parked across the aisle from our vehicle, had 2 eggs laying on the ground, right beneath the tail pipe. They weren't broken or even cracked. 2 perfect eggs laying there on the ground. Aleece informed us that it looked like the car had laid some eggs! That began the beginning of quite the humorous conversation. Leading to what those eggs would hatch amongst other things! Kids have the greatest imaginations. I'm sure had I been walking out of the store by myself I wouldn't have even noticed the eggs! It makes me wish that we, as adults, could take time out of our days to notice these little things, that bring smiles to our faces!
Aleece also noticed yesterday, as we were sitting on the couch, that we have the same hands. She kept picking mine up and would look closely at them, and then at her own, and determined that ours were identical! She always knows how to bring a smile to my face!
Madelaine has learned how to say "I love you!" It is so sweet to hear her say it! She is also awesome at giving kisses! She has the sweetest little personality and such a great smile! She also has learned how to climb on to the couch, the computer chair, her sister's bed, the glider....pretty much everything! You wouldn't think someone so little could manage all of this, but she is determined to do everything her big sister does and won't stop till she has accomplished the task at hand!
What a great job I have---being able to raise these two wonderful girls! They sure keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't want it any other way!

3 comments:

Syphus Family said...

Wow, I can't believe that Madelaine has already learned how to say "I love you"! What a smart girl! I know I need to pay better attention to the little things, thanks for the reminder!

M {3 said...

It is those wonderful moments with Aleece that keep me going (like the sneaky HI from Lainey...really Leecy T) Now that Leecy can really do the I love you sign I look forward to Lainey giving it a try. I hear the busy-ness of those girls each phone call and I love it.

Biggie T said...

Leecy T really makes me laugh - she is so smart and inquisitive and will keep both of you on your toes as parents for a long time. I wish we were there to hear Lainey Bug talk. Keep up the good work and know that you're doing the most important job there is!