Sunday, February 24, 2008

So proud

Today Val and I had one of those moments, where it's like everything stops and you are truly able to take a mental picture of what is going on around you. We realized that our first born, sweet baby girl isn't a baby anymore, she's not even a toddler--she's a little girl. The primary sang in church today and Aleece went right up on the stand, stood proudly, smiling on the front row, and sang "I am a child of God" so beautifully. It is her favorite song, and she melts my heart everytime I hear her sing it. It was so amazing for me to sit and watch her smiling face up there singing, and to see how far she has already come in her short life. If she has already grown this much in 3 1/2 years, where will she be in the next 3 1/2 or 10 or 20 years? I can only imagine. Val wrote a really touching blog about today's experiences and I encourage you all to read it. You can link to his blog on the right hand side of my page. It really touched me, and he is so much more eloquent than I will ever be. All I can say is that I truly love being a mother and I cherish each and every day with my children. I am so blessed to be there mother and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for allowing me this opportunity.

4 comments:

M {3 said...

You are an inspiration to me as a mother. You cherish each day doing what you do and I am so proud of you.
When Leecy T sang for me the same song yesterday on the phone my heart was truly smiling:) I am grateful those girls (and soon boy) are being raised by you two.

Biggie T said...

I relly miss that girl and wish we could have been there. I'll have to get her to sing it to me over the phone. It is a great feeling as a parent when you see your children grow. I'm so glad you are rasing your children with the gospel in your home. Having been in primary it is easy to tell which ones sing the primary songs and teach the gospel at home.

Kathy said...

that is really sweet. it's so cute/fun/emotional/tender when they sing in church for the first time. hard to stop smiling (or crying, heh) when you see them up there, eh?

Hair Goddess said...

Oh my little mushmouth is getting so old!! :(