Friday, February 01, 2008

Randomness

I've been thinking lately that I am not all that efficient when it comes to blogging, and I wish I was. I think this is a great way to keep myself informed of others and vice versa. It's also kind of like a journal for me. I enjoy looking back to old posts to see how much the girls have changed, and to see how different are lives are now, from just 6 months ago. So I am determined to push myself to be a better blogger. And while some of my posts may be completely random, very much like this one, I am hoping it will keep me motivated in sharing my thoughts, however obscure with all of you.


About a week ago I looked out into our backyard and discovered the most beautiful cardinal I have ever seen. It was this brilliant red color and it would hop from tree to tree against our back fence. I attempted to get some pictures of it, but I think I must have been too noisy, because I didn't have much luck. Here is one of my attempts.


Much to our delight, he has taken up residence in our backyard, and we generally get to see him several times a week! He is a beautiful bird!


Aleece has been working really hard this week learning to write some of her letters. Being the little genius that she is, she has been able to recognize her letters for at least a year now, but I decided now would be a good time to learn to write them out. She has perfected the letter A and she also enjoys calling me teacher now. I'm not sure if that is a good thing! :) As my mom would say, she always makes my heart smile!



Madelaine is learning new words every day. Her newest addition to speaking is saying "Thank you!" She is so polite, and to hear her say please and thank you just melts my heart! She is still a little peanut of a thing, so it is kind of funny to watch her talk! People are always so surprised to find out she is 15 months! But great things come in small packages!



I am a little shocked to realize that it is already February! I seem to lose track of time and before I know it another month has gone by! I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a "healthy" February. Every year since Aleece was born, she has ended up getting really sick in the month of February! Last year we spent Valentine's Day in the hospital. So we are hoping that this warmer climate we live in now will prove to beneficial! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

5 comments:

Brent and Mary Rose said...

I remember! She was in the hospital on my birthday :( so glad you blogged again! I sure do miss you kids! Those girls of yours are so darn precious! How much longer till we find out the sex of your next little munchkin?! Love you sister!
ps. I don't know what happened to my blog! I didn't change anything! :(

Bubba said...

Thank you for making the commitment to write more. I am always glad to read your posts. Your girls are just the cutest things. Aleece looks SO grown up in that picture and I didn't even know Madeline could talk! But keep up the good work "teacher" and I will hopefully see you soon!

Hair Goddess said...

This is embarrassing but when I saw the pictures of those girls, I cried... so grown up and I miss you guys so much! BTW that is a beautiful cardinal ... love you sis

Kathy said...

those are adorable pictures of the girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are so cute steph.
time goes by too quick - before you know it, Aleece will be starting school and you'll really wonder where the time went!

M {3 said...

Those smiles make my heart smile (and bring a few missing you tears!).